Warung Bebas

Monday, February 7, 2011

Song You Need To Know: M.I.A., 'Teqkilla (Remix),' Featuring Nicki Minaj


If you're expecting another "Boyz," or "Paper Planes" or "Galang" from M.I.A., you might have to wait a bit longer. The controversial, post-pop singer is on the verge of releasing a new album, /\/\/\Y/\,  that's occasionally as hard to listen to as its album title -- the typographical equivalent of M.I.A.'s name -- is to pronounce.
Take, for example, "Teqkilla," co-produced by Major Lazer's DJ Switch. It's a cut-and-paste epic that builds, slowly and steadily, with layer upon layer of samples and digital squelches, with M.I.A. rap-singing while drowning in a digital bath.
Thrown into this mix is everyone's favorite Barbie, Nicki Minaj. The Young Money princess tells M.I.A. that the beat is on fire as she doles out a flow somewhere between drunk valley girl, dance hall queen and math nerd.
Pretty strange stuff for a song that seems to be about doing shots and going crazy. Of course with M.I.A., nothing is what it seems. Check out the song, as well as M.I.A.'s "Boyz" and Nicki Minaj's "Massive Attack" videos, all below.
+ Listen to M.I.A., featuring Nicki Minaj, "Teqkilla (Remix)" here.

0 comments em “Song You Need To Know: M.I.A., 'Teqkilla (Remix),' Featuring Nicki Minaj”

Post a Comment

 

Americana Bikini Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger