Warung Bebas

Monday, August 2, 2010

Ethical Beach and Swimwear

First up was the new Katherine Hamnett collection. The collection which is available on Yooxygen features 14 different pieces with the slogan save the sea. It is made from organic cotton and recycled polyester. It also feature both a his and her range. Most of the range is quite unexciting but I did like the silk dress in khaki green. Unfortunately at £122, I probably wouldn't risk wearing it to the beach. There was also a very nice vintage style one piece bathing costume but again at £128 a little beyond my budget.
Lalesso also make some great ethical swimwear that feature batik prints, made in Kenya under a Fair Trade scheme which supports communities. They are bright colourful and a great price. Lalesso is available on Fashion Conscience and a slightly larger selection on
With holidays not too far away and the launch of the new beach wear collection by Katherine Hamnett, I have been thinking about ethical swimwear. Although swimwear is not something that most people buy much of, so not something you would necessarily consider going ethical with, I think every small thing we can do to help make fashion more ethical and eco friendly will make a difference. I also don't usually mind paying a little extra for swim and beach wear as even though there is not much of it, I practically live in it on holiday and so it needs to be flattering. I was quite surprised by the gorgeous swimwear that I found whilst researching this post and there is definitely some that I would buy, ethical or not. The only point that I would like to make is that you should check out the returns policy before you buy for any swimwear.

0 comments em “Ethical Beach and Swimwear”

Post a Comment

 

Americana Bikini Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger